Apple Pork Chops
I have been in the apple spirit this week. Applesauce and pork chops is a dish that I grew up on, and wanted to reinvent the pork and apple flavor in a new dish. I spotted some delicious apple cider at the supermarket, and decided it would be a wonderful marinate for savory pork chops. I love the combination of celery and apples, so I added the celery seeds to the marinade. This marinade makes a delicious sweet and savory sauce perfect for the fall season.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops, 1 per person, I used bone in
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- reserved marinade
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish or gallon size Ziploc bag. Add pork chops and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat broiler, grill, or grill pan. Broil or grill chops until browned.
- Preheat small skillet or sauce pan. Add olive oil. Whisk in flour. Cook flour until blond and fragrant. Whisk in reserved marinade. Bring to a boil, and simmer until chops are done.
- Serve with simple roasted vegetables.