Basil Pesto Pasta
Here is the delicious vegetable pasta I made with my fresh basil pesto. It’s got green peas, broccoli and grape tomatoes that I quickly sauteed before adding them into the pasta. This is a great summer vegetarian dish. I made this with whole wheat pasta too, we have been using white pasta very little.
I have been having some problems with my email over the past few days, so if you’ve sent me anything I may have not gotten it. There were some problems with my server that I don’t understand, but what I was seeing were messages with no information about who they were from or any content in them, just the time they arrived. Some emails did go through, but some didn’t. So, if you sent me something, and I didn’t respond, please send it again. There were also email technicalities this week, and one of the scheduled emails did not go out for a giveaway. If you stop by the giveaway page there is a 2nd McDonald’s post and giveaway. This one centers on the Ronald McDonald House Charities. There is a widget where every second you pledge to spend time with your kids equals a penny McDonald’s will donate to the charity. So make sure to go by and pledge your time here.
Thanks again to OhNuts! for providing me with the pine nuts used in this recipe.
Basil Pesto Salad Recipe
- 1 package penne pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets (or the broccoli florets from one package of fresh broccoli)
- 2 cups or 1 small package cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup fresh basil pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, making sure to use kosher salt to season the pasta’s cooking water. Preheat a large saute pan and drizzle with olive oil. Add broccoli florets and cherry tomatoes. Cover with a lid and saute over medium just until broccoli gets a vibrant color and tomatoes start to burst. Add peas and just heat through.
- Add cooked pasta and pesto to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add vegetables and pine nuts. Toss well and serve.