Here’s an easy recipe for a blackberry tart with a walnut crust and a cream cheese and Greek yogurt filling. The walnut crust is easily made by just pressing the dough into the tart pan and then pre-baking it. The filling is lightly sweetened and has lots of vanilla flavor. I added Greek yogurt for creaminess and to be more healthy. I simply topped it with freshly washed blackberries. I also submitted this recipe into the Publix berry recipe contest. This is the first recipe contest I have ever entered. It is regional only, only open to residents in the southeast, in states where there are Publix grocery stores. I created the recipe before I knew about the contest, and happened to see a link to the contest and the grand prize, a year’s worth of free groceries! I couldn’t pass up the slight chance I might win.
On another note for my regional readers, Aquatica, located here in Orlando is having an amazing deal for Florida and Georgia residents. For just $2 more a ticket, you can upgrade to a year pass for the water park. We went by Sunday, and had such a wonderful time playing in the water. The park wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be. There are lots of slides you can take the little ones on, as well as their famous slide that goes though the dolphin tank. My husband and I both did a slide by ourselves, and hope by the end of the year (the water is heated in the colder months), we can each go on all the “big kid slides.”
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 – 3 tablespoons water
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 packages blackberries (about 2-3 cups)
- Place flour and walnuts in food processor. Pulse until walnuts are ground fine. Add butter, in pats, and pulse until it is grainy.
- Add a little water at a tine, just until the dough comes together. Press the dough into a tart pan. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 15 – 20 minutes, until crust is fragrant and golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients for filling and beat with a hand mixer until well combined, and creamy.
- Place filling in cooled crust. Top with fresh blackberries.[/print_this]