Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This is a delicious recipe for a spicy buffalo chicken pizza. It is the perfect accompaniment to a football game. It combines two great flavors in one. You can adjust it with more heat by adding more hot sauce, or lower the heat by omitting the cayenne pepper and reducing the hot sauce. But be warned this pizza is spicy and irresistible. My husband and I loved this pizza, and I made my son his own little pizza with a sweet sauce, pepperoni, and vegetables.
This past Sunday was our first visit to Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Disney has a great deal for Florida residents. Its 4 parks, 4 days for just $99. It is only good through May 25 though, and Easter week is blocked. But that works out to be about $25 a day per person. That’s a huge savings, a regularly priced ticket is now $79. Here’s a link for more information. My son had a blast, even though he didn’t exactly understand the waiting in line part. We got fast passes when we could. I think he was most enthralled with Mickey’s PhilharMagic 3-D movie. It was his first 3-D experience and he was entranced. He also loved the Tiger and Pooh and Peter Pan rides. We took him on the teacups and the little roller coaster, but I think it was a little much. My husband thought it would be fun for him to pilot the airplane roller coaster ride, so they sat in the front seat. He didn’t cry, but he screamed the whole way! I asked if it was fun, and he said in a calm voice, “That was scary.” My son did get to meet Mickey and Minnie after the fireworks, and gave them a big hug, so sweet! He also got to be the guest conductor on the train. I can’t wait to go back when he’s a little older and 40 inches. There were many parts we didn’t see because we just didn’t have time. Its such a big park, with lots to do for kids of all ages.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
Chicken and Sauce
- 1 homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- hot sauce to taste, I used Crystal, 4 oz, or 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 green pepper, sliced
- 1/3 red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced
- 6-8, or a small bunch of green onions, chopped
- Prepare chicken. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and paprika to chicken. Preheat a large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Add chicken to skillet. Brown chicken. Add tomato paste, water, hot sauce, and oregano. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until sauce is very thick.
- Pre-bake pizza dough at 450 degrees. Add sauce and chicken to pizza dough. Then add 1 cup of the cheese. Then add the vegetables. Add blue cheese and the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 450 degrees until cheese has melted and edges are browned the way you like it.