This chicken recipe is very easy. It is a great recipe when you don’t have many ingredients on hand. The star of this recipe, the black olives are a pantry staple for most people, and the cherry tomatoes and white wine can be picked up for this dish on the way home from work or errands. I did this recipe with bone in chicken breasts. I have started to try and streamline my grocery bill, so I will be using more bone in chicken breasts and thighs. Serve this with white rice and roasted vegetables.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or bone in
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 cup white wine, Barefoot pinot grigio
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper chicken. Preheat skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Brown chicken on medium heat. Remove chicken.
- Add onions and saute until soft. Turn heat to low. Add butter and melt. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 –3 minutes. Whisk in wine and stock. Add thyme and parsley.
- Turn heat to high and bring to boil. Sauce will thicken. Then turn heat to a simmer and add olives and chicken. Simmer for 10-20 minutes, then add tomatoes, and cook until they just start to wrinkle. Serve over rice.