Fresh Basil Pesto
This is a quick and easy recipe for fresh basil pesto with pine nuts and lots of garlic flavor. It’s been a while since I’ve made basil pesto, so I looked up a few recipes. Most are pretty much the same. The recipe doesn’t depend on exact ingredient amounts, so much as the quality of the ingredients you use in the recipe. I followed Simply Recipe’s recipe to make this one. You can also substitute walnuts for the pine nuts. It was delicious, and made an excellent vegetable pasta perfect for summer. Thanks to OhNuts! for sending me these fabulous pine nuts. You can read my review of their site here.
Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Combine fresh basil, garlic, and pine nuts in food processor. Pulse until fine.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil, while the food processor is on. Then scrap down the sides of the food processor bowl and add cheese. Pulse until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. [/print_this]