You know how at convenience stores, where they have the pretty donut case right in the middle of the store, right at eye level with little kids? Well, it drives me crazy because whenever we go into one of those stores, my son is immediately entranced with the sweet pastries. He’s memorized by colorful sprinkles and the sweet smell of sugar. He goes into some sweet treat sugar trance that I unfortunately have to put an end to with a stern “No donuts for you!”
But can I really deny my sweet little boy colorful donuts for too long? Of course I can’t, so I make a somewhat healthier version at home. These donuts are baked, not deep fried. They’re also made in a snap with the help of cake batter and baked in a special donut pan. I picked up my donut pan last year at Target and it’s so easy to use. It makes perfect little donuts so easily!
For these donuts, I used basic yellow cake mix, added an additional cup of flour and then all the rest of the ingredients on the package. I also added some colorful sprinkles before pouring the batter into the donut pan. After they were baked I used a simple sugar glaze on them and then dipped them in even more frosting. If you wanted to cut the sugar though, you could definitely skip the additional sprinkles and sugar glaze.
To go along with these donuts, I like to have a cup of my favorite coffee, Dunkin’. And did you know they have a bunch of new flavors out! Pictures is my favorite, Old Fashioned Donut. They also have Chocolate Glazed Donut, Blueberry Muffin, Jelly Donut, Old Fashioned Donut and Caramel Coffee Cake. The new collection is made with 100% Arabica beans and coffee flavoring.
Want to try Dunkin’s newest flavors? Here’s your chance to win some of their fabulous coffee along with some cash!!!
Here’s what’s included in the “Bakery Flavor Dunked In” kit:
- Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Coffee (1 each): Chocolate Glazed Donut, Jelly Donut, Old Fashioned Donut, Blueberry Muffin and Caramel Coffee Cake coffee flavors
- Dunkin’ Donuts coffee mug
- Hungry Girl’s Turtle Donut Blended Coffee recipe to sample and share
- $250 Visa Gift Card to purchase assortment of items to prepare and enjoy Dunkin’ Donuts coffee (i.e. more Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, recipe ingredients, coffee cups)
- Plus a Mr.Coffee Pot!
For a chance to win a “Bakery Flavor Dunked In” kit, plus a Mr. Coffee Pot (ARV: $350), just leave a comment below telling me your favorite donut!
For extra entries:
- Follow Eclectic Recipes on Twitter
- Like Eclectic Recipes on Facebook
- Tweet the following: I just entered to win a @DunkinDonuts prize pack from @EclecticRecipes http://wp.me/pWlfF-3ZR
Please leave a comment for each entry
Giveaway ends March 31.