Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
This is my easy go to recipe for roasted red potatoes. Its so easy and delicious. This dish pairs perfectly with roast poultry or grilled steak. I served it the other day with roast Cornish game hen. You can add any variety of herbs that you like. You can also use any of the Mrs. Dash varieties for your dried herbs. Be sure when you roast the potatoes, to give them plenty of room in a large roasting pan. This will make sure the potatoes get brown and crispy. Crowding the pan will lead to steamed, soggy potatoes. To speed along the cooking time, be sure to cut the potatoes in small pieces too.
Herb Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut in similarly sized cubes
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare potatoes by washing and cutting. Combine the potatoes, garlic, herbs, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add enough olive oil to coat all the potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown. Toss the potatoes about halfway through the baking time to ensure even browning. Baking time will vary, about 30-45 min, depending on the size of your potatoes.