Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and The Great American Bake Sale
Do you love delicious rich chocolaty cake? Then you are going to love these cupcakes! I found this great recipe on Hershey’s website. It had many great reviews. I paired the cupcakes with a delicious peanut butter frosting. I made these cupcakes, along with several other varieties for the Orlando Food Bloggers’ Share our Strength Great American Bake Sale. The other delicious cupcakes I made were carrot, hummingbird and sour cream chocolate cupcakes. We also had perfect chocolate chip cookies, tropical chocolate chip cookies and the best granola I’ve ever tasted baked by Rachel at Laptops and Stovetops. Tasha from That’s So Yummy baked the most delicious banana loaves, decadent brownies, chocolate chip banana muffins and cute rice krispy treats for the kids. Here’s my son enjoying Tasha’s chocolate chip banana muffins.
We made a tasting plate for the cutomers to try before the buy. This little guy couldn’t keep his hands out of it! I believe he loved all the treats equally. That’s the best test to see if your food is any good, give it to a little kid and see if they approve. My son Julien gave a big thumbs up to everything. Tasha and Rachel were also able to get some donations from a local bakery, Davis Bakery. They were kind enough to donate these beautiful bagels and some delicious looking pastires.
Tasha did a great job decorating. She supplied a tent, tables, and all the decorations. The baked goods were not only delicious, but also beautifully wrapped. We had some very generous customers, one even donated $100. We came just a few dollars shy of reaching our goal.
I was so happy not only to participate in this bake sale, but also work with other area food bloggers. It is so wonderful chatting up another person you have so much in common with. I had such a great time helping with the Orlando Food Bloggers’ Share our Strength Great American Bake Sale this year, and I can’t wait for next year.
Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add sugar and vegetable oil to stand mixer. Mix on low until incorporated. Add 1 egg at a time, and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Turn mixer to low and add 1/3 of the milk, then 1/3 of the flour mixture, and so on, until everything is incorporated. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add vanilla extract and then mixon medium for 2 minutes until smooth. Add boiling water and mix on low until incorporated.
- Add batter to cupcake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick is clean when removed from the center of the cupcakes.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- Combine sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and kosher salt in a stand mixer or mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add milk or cream a little at a time until you get the desired consistency.