Honey Garlic Ginger Stir Fry
This is a quick and easy stir fry with chicken, baby bok choy and fresh shiitake mushrooms. The flavorful garlic and ginger balance with the sweetness of the honey. I add dry wine to the dish to make a simple sauce. The sweetness in the bok choy compliments the sauce very well. You can add any kind of vegetables you like, however I like to include bok choy in this dish. When I was a kid, we found bok choy at the commissary (the grocery on the military base). We loved bok choy so much, we ate it in place of lettuce on sandwiches and in salads. I have also made this dish with lots of other vegetable combos, I just always include the bok choy. I have done bok choy, broccoli, green peppers and onions. I have also done just bok choy and chicken. I usually try to keep it simple by using ingredients on hand. That way this is a quick and easy go to dinner.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 6-7 baby bok choys, or 1 large head of bok choy, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms (1 small package), sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dry white wine
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Preheat skillet. Salt and pepper chopped chicken. Drizzle pan with olive oil. Add chicken to preheated pan. Saute until browned on each side.
- Add mushrooms, bok choy, ginger, garlic, honey and wine. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steamed rice.