Honey Mustard Chicken
This is such a simple recipe that I had forgotten about, but had seen on the web somewhere recently. Its simple, comforting, and can be put together quickly with pantry staples. I usually use bone in chicken breast for this dish, as in all of my baked chicken recipes. However, you can use a whole cut up fryer, or boneless, skinless breasts. I’ve been using alot of these simple recipes for the past 2 weeks, because we have all been getting over a dreadful summer cold, that just won’t seem to go away.
Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, or 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut up chicken. Mix Dijon mustard and honey together in a large bowl. Salt and pepper chicken. Add chicken to the large bowl with the honey and mustard. Toss to combine.
- Place chicken on a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, until the internal temperature of the breast is 165 degrees.
- Note: I remove my chicken at 160 degrees, and let it rest, covered, until it reaches 165 degrees.