Thai Peanut Noodles
We had a wonderful time in Chicago last week. I met the most wonderful group of bloggers. We had lots of family time together, had some great food and wonderful conversation. We also learned alot of interesting things I’ll be sharing with you in 2 large posts scheduled to come in a few weeks. There’s no place like home though, and your own cooking to make you feel good, especially after catching a little cold on the plane ride home.
I love this dish. I have been making these Thai peanut noodles for a while. I love making my own takeout dishes, and this one is full of fresh vegetables and delicious peanuts. It has a little spice from the Thai sweet chili sauce, but just a touch. My son had no problem gobbling down two helpings of these noodles, and he is very sensitive to spicy foods. If you want to play it safe, leave out the sweet chili sauce all together and add some honey in its place. I also used linguine, because it was what I had on hand, but you could also use the flat rice noodles.
Don’t forget to like this site on facebook for exclusive giveaways. You can do it in the sidebar to your right. I am going to start to do facebook only giveaways for certain prizes. I have some fun goodies in hand I will be giving away on facebook next week. So like the site, and stay tuned for updates!
Thai Peanut Noodles
- 8 – 10 oz linguine or flat rice noodles
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 cups matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add chicken stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, grated garlic and grated ginger to a large bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Preheat large skillet. Add canola and sesame oil. Add green beans and peanuts. Cook over high heat until green beans are tender crisp and peanuts have lightly browned.
- Add green peppers, red peppers and carrots. Cook until peppers are tender crisp. Add sauce and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add fresh green onions, fresh cilantro and pour into a serving platter. Serve immediately.