Vanilla Pudding Parfait
Here’s an easy and delicious recipe for a homemade cornstarch vanilla pudding you can make into this cute dessert parfait. I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. If your lucky enough to have today off, this is a delicious suggestion for a patriotic dessert. Traditionally this dessert is made with cubed sheet cake or angel food cake as a trifle or punch bowl cake. In this version, I just left out the cake and added some walnuts for texture. I topped it with Cool Whip and added more berries. I put it in a trifle bowl and it fit perfectly. If you are going to use the cake as a layer, it would fit better in a punch bowl.
Vanilla Pudding Parfait Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
Fruits and nuts
- 2 cups raspberries (2 packages)
- 3 cups blueberries (2 packages)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
- Whisk cornstarch and sugar together in a saucepan. Add milk and whisk to combine. Add egg yolks and salt. Whisk well. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil while continually whisking. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes after mixture starts to boil and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Let cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Layer berries and nuts with pudding and top with whipped cream and more berries. Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours before serving.