Zucchini fritters are sort of like potato latkes. I have created this recipe with more egg and less flour, which makes them thinner and crispier. They are quick and easy, and very nutritious. They make a perfect fast dinner that is very economical. You can also serve them for breakfast or brunch. They are packed with protein and vegetable goodness. Kids love them, and this is a great way to get more vegetables in your kids. Serve them with plain yogurt, sour cream, or a quick blender Hollandaise sauce (as shown in the photo). We had these for dinner with toast and jam, it was so simple, yet so very tasty.
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 4 zucchini squash, shredded, about 4 cups
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- olive oil
- Grate the zucchini in a large bowl over paper towels,. Try to squeeze as much of the moisture out of the zucchini as possible before adding them in your mixing bowl.
- Combine grated zucchini, eggs, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet, Drizzle with olive oil. Drop 1 large overflowing tablespoon of the batter into the skillet. You should make them the size that so that three of them will fit in your large skillet.
- Cook until browned and crisp, trying to flip only once. Transfer the done ones to a paper towel lined plate. Serve with plain yogurt, sour cream or Hollandaise sauce.