Today I wanted to share with you one of my latest projects, my laundry room. I’ve always wanted a cute little sunshine filled yellow laundry room, and was so happy when we first moves in our home, because the laundry room was in fact yellow! But all that joy faded in a few weeks because it wasn’t quite the right shade of yellow. I can’t explain it, and you can’t really tell from the picture below, but it was more of a nursery yellow than a bright sunny yellow. It was just unnerving me, so I had to re-paint.
After I gave everything a fresh coat of brighter, happier yellow paint, we made a few more changes. I added some granite where there was a Formica counter before in the corner. The tile was also changed when we did the tile in the kitchen. And I also added a much needed laundry sorter. I got this one at Target and love it!
I know alot of people get rid of their in-wall ironing boards, but I love mine. I guess I’m old-fashioned that way. To modernize it a bit , I added this pretty stripped ironing board cover. I think it kind of makes it resemble a surfboard, don’t you think?
And over in the corner, we added a deep freeze. This laundry room must have been designed for a deep freeze, because it fits just so perfect. I love being able to freeze make-ahead meals, food that I buy in bulk and other items too big to fit in my refrigerator’s freezer.
For the wall art, I just shopped around my house and brought in the two silver framed photos and silver mirror to match the cabinet hardware. I also picked up these two cute wall hangings for the room. I think they both came from Marshall’s.
My husband got a kick out of this one, but he still doesn’t do laundry.
I’m in here everyday, doing at least one load of laundry. My family is pretty dirty. My husband does lots of things around the house, including working on the cars, so he gets really dirty. And between my giant stinky Labrador Coco and my active little boy, it’s a smelly, dog-hair filled mess.
To get out all those stains and smells, I depend on Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. It whitens socks, towels and sheets just as well as bleach without breaking down fibers. And this stuff is concentrated, so a little goes a long way.
It also works in both HE, which I have, and regular washing machines. It smells great too!
- Yellow Paint: Benjamin Moore Weston Flax
- White Trim: Sherwin Williams Alabaster
- Laundry Sorter: Target
- Freezer: Lowe’s
- Washer and Dryer are Samsung, but I recommend Whirlpool. The repairman told us he can’t get parts anymore and they are only a few years old.
ARM & HAMMER Ultra Power 4X Liquid Laundry Detergent – the clean you need at less than half per load vs. the leading brand.
- It’s designed to give you ultimate cleaning strength in a smaller size, new ARM & HAMMER™ Ultra Power 4X Liquid Laundry Detergent is ultra-concentrated and packed with two scoops of baking soda. This little bottle offers loads of power, getting your clothes 50% whiter and 50% fresher compared to the leading value detergent per load. It’s the little bottle with the big value. Also available in Perfume & Dye Free.
”CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of eye contact, flush with water. If swallowed drink a glass of water. IN either case, call a physician. If on skin, rinse thoroughly with water.”
ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda
Let’s not forget the product we all know and love, baking soda! We use it not only in the laundry room, but of course in the kitchen for baking, the fridge, the freezer, the pool, the hot tub, and the list goes on and on. Did you know that for more than 165 years, people have chosen pure, versatile, effective, safe, and affordable ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda for baking, household, and personal care uses. Their boxes are available in multiple sizes for any household need. I personally love the big economy size 12 lb bags available at the big box stores. We purchase at least 4 bags at a time.
Time for the giveaway!
ARM & HAMMER™ and I would love for you to try some of their best products. Included in this giveaway are:
- One ARM & HAMMER Seasonal Savings Gift Pack:
- Two-Three (2-3) ARM & HAMMER products ** 2-3 products featured in the giveaway picture will be provided to winner based on product availability. Featured products include: ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive toothpaste, from the makers of Orajel™, Spinbrush: ProClean Sonic, Tooth Tunes™, ARM & HAMMER™ Ultra Power 4X Liquid Laundry Detergent, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda, ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Nasal Relief, ARM & HAMMER™ Double Duty Clumping Litter
- One (1) $100 Visa Gift Card for purchasing more ARM & HAMMER products!
To enter in the giveaway just leave a comment below telling me your best baking soda tip.
For extra entries:
- Follow Eclectic Recipes on Twitter
- Like Eclectic Recipes on Facebook
- Tweet the following: I just entered to win a $100 gift card from @EclecticRecipes and #ARMandHAMMER http://wp.me/pWlfF-3No
Please leave a comment for each entry 🙂
For more tips and tricks, visit ARM & HAMMER™’s website, where you can also find a location to purchase ARM & HAMMER™ products near you and sign up for the ARM & HAMMER™ Savings Center for coupons and promotional offers.