Mexican Grilled Corn
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Char-Broil for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Now that the weather is warmer, we’ve definitely been grilling much more. It’s so much fun for us to spend time outside gardening, playing in the backyard and splashing in the pool, and then be able to cook a meal on the grill outside.
In Florida, corn is in season and super sweet. Our growing season is a little different from most of the country because of our warm weather. It’ll be in season now through June, and I’ve been buying a few ears every time I go to the grocery store because it’s one of our favorite things to put on the grill.
This is one of my favorite ways to make grilled corn, Mexican grilled corn. The secret to this corn is the delicious flavors that you slather it in after it comes off the grill. By using a mixture of sour cream, cilantro, lime chili pepper and cheese, you make the most flavorful summer grilled corn.
To grill this corn, I prefer to use a charcoal grill. While I love the convenience of my gas grill, I always have a little Char-Broil charcoal grill on hand. Right now we have a little tailgate Char-Broil that travels with us on the boat and in the truck when we go camping. There’s noting that beats the flavor of charcoal. It makes everything so much better.
There’s a brand new Char-Broil Kettleman Grill though, and I can’t wait to get one for our house. It’s an updated and vastly improved kettle-style grill that is more efficient and even easier to use. And while it may look like an ordinary charcoal grill, it’s loaded with features that give backyard enthusiasts better control over every aspect of the cooking process.
Some great features of this grill are:
- Temperature Control – With a super sized cool-touch damper on the grill’s lid, heat management is easy. Vents around the body of the kettle allow air to fuel the fire from all sides, providing even heat to the cooking surface.
- Flare-Up Control – A porcelain coated no-fall-through grate allows charcoal flavor through while keeping flames away from food. Wood chips can be thrown on the grate and small foods like shrimp or asparagus will never fall into the fire.
- Charcoal Control – Designed to grill twice as many burgers with the same 50 briquettes as the leading kettle.
- Ash Control – A slide-in, porcelain-coated ashtray is tight against the grill making cleanup and maintenance simpler than ever.
- Stability Control – Wide stance, heavy-gauge steel legs add stability and easy mobility. A bottom shelf doubles as a holder for the cooking grate or other accessories.
- A Hinged, Latching Lid – This lid never has to touch the ground during the grilling experience and makes moving the grill a breeze.
The Kettleman Grill can be purchased at Lowe’s or online at www.charbroil.com. It’s priced at just $129. This grill truly makes superior charcoal grilling really easy.
You can learn more about the Kettleman grill here, or from the informative video below:
Mexican Grilled Corn
- 4 ears of corn, grilled
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (for hot) or ancho chili powder (for mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup crumbled and or shredded Cojita (Feta or Parmesan can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat charcoal grill and grill corn until corn is tender crisp.
While corn is grilling, combine Mexican crema, mayonnaise, chili powder, paprika and lime juice in a small bowl. Mix well. Brush cooked ears of corn in mayo mixture and top with Cojita cheese and fresh cilantro.