Butterball Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway
It’s that time of year again, turkey time! And that means a couple of lucky readers are getting their Butterball turkeys for free! I’ve partnered with my favorite turkey brand, Butterball, again this year.
We’ve been talking about how to avoid Thanksgiving mishaps, but today I wanted to talk about tips on how to try and achieve a picture worthy Thanksgiving feast. This is something that I myself struggle with every year too. You not only want your food to be delicious, but also look delicious too!
Tips for a picture perfect Thanksgiving
- Pretty golden brown bird – There are lots of ways to achieve a moist, delicious bird like baking bags, roasters and cooking it upside down, but making it look pretty is a different story. For the prettiest bird, I like to roast mine on a beer can roaster on the grill, smoke it on the grill or in the smoker, or fry it in a turkey fryer. This will make it beautifully brown AND tasty.
- To plate the bird, I add garnishes like curly leaf parsley or fresh sprigs of sage, sliced oranges and fresh cranberries around the cooked turkey on the platter.
- To dress up sides I add freshly chopped flat leaf parsley and put them in pretty serving bowls.
- I also have a pretty salad made in a large bowl. It’s healthy and beautiful.
- I always pull out the my china on Thanksgiving too. Beautiful plates always make the meal better. For larger get-togethers, I love those clear disposable dishes you can pick up at the party store. They are cheap and easy!
- For the desserts, I like to add freshly whipped cream or have a big tub of vanilla ice cream (or even Cool Whip) on hand. It’s delicious and can camouflage less than perfect pie crusts and cracked pies.
If you have a smart phone, Butterball has an app for you too, The Butterball Cookbook Plus App – Recipes for Thanksgiving & Every Day Occasions. At just $4.99, it’s loaded with great recipes, information on turkey tips, how-to videos, upcoming Butterball promotions and more.
And remember that the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line lady is also available to answer your Thanksgiving meal questions, share ways to save or to gobble up any turkey-day cooking myths. Their number is 1-800-BUTTERBALL.
To enter to win a free Butterball turkey, share in the comment section below your best advice for a picture perfect Thanksgiving or your early bird preparation tips.
Thanks for to everyone who participated! Winners have been chosen and emailed. Congrats Brian and Andrew!
(Facebook fans that enter in the comment section on Facebook are also entered to win!)