Grilled Steaks with Blue Cheese Garlic Sauce and a Giveaway
With the weekend quickly approaching, I’ve been finalizing my Memorial Day menu. We’re still in our old house, so I’ve got my old charcoal grill. I love it to death, so long as I use that charcoal with the lighter fluid already in it. I”m no good with chimney starters. I just don’t seem to have enough patience.
Because we have friends and family coming over this weekend, I’ll be buying in bulk at Sam’s. I already went earlier today to get most of the things I needed, and couldn’t wait to fire up the grill on Monday. So I fired it up today too, for a little grilling preview of what we would have in store this weekend.
I started off with some Beef Tenderloin Steaks from Sam’s I simply seasoned them with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. I also baked my potatoes on the grill and some baby zucchini I found at Sam’s today. I even tossed some sweet snacking peppers on the grill. They were amazingly good.
To finish off the steak, I made a simple blue cheese garlic sauce on the grill in a little cast iron skillet.
All of the ingredients used in my dinner tonight were purchased at Sam’s. They also have ton’s of other fresh meat and vegetable selections that can be easily cooked on the grill, along with tons of fresh sweet treats to help make your Memorial Day special. And Sam’s Club provides a 200% satisfaction guarantee on fresh meats, crisp produce, savory seafood and gourmet-to-go bakery items – so you feel good about the quality of food you are serving family and friends.
Here’s some delicious selections from Sam’s:
- Member’s Mark® Angus Ribeye Steak (1 lb for $7.98) – a fine-grained, juicy cut that is full of flavor and one of the most tender cuts available.
- Pork Loin Back Ribs – (1 lb for $3.88) – this all-natural item, USDA verified meat is a savory, mouthwatering treat
- McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak® Seasoning (29 oz for $6.98) – This robust blend of coarsely ground peppers, garlic and spices will give steaks and burgers a bolder taste.
- Asparagus (2 lbs for $$4.98) – a great grilled side dish, this crisp vegetable is high in Folic Acid and is a good source of potassium, fiber, Vitamin B6, Vitamins A and C, and thiamin.
- Sweet Corn (8 ct tray for $5.98) – a traditional grilling must-have, sweet corn is crunchy and sweet, with crisp, milky kernels that burst with every bite.
- NatureSweet® Cherubs Grape Tomatoes (32 oz for $4.98) – these little sweeties are perfect for tossing into salads, roasting on the grill or eating right out of a bowl for a snack.
- Organic Raspberries (12 oz for $5.98) – use these healthy summer berries in smoothies, desserts, sauces, ice cream… the list goes on and on.
And don’t forget, Sam’s has a huge selection of wines and beer, and some locations even have gas. It’s one stop shopping.
Grilled Steaks with Blue Cheese Garlic Sauce Recipe
A quick and easy recipe for grilled steaks with blue cheese garlic sauce.
4 Beef Loin Tenderloin Steaks (Or other cut of beef)
freshly cracked black pepper
For the sauce:
1/4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons milk or cream
1 tablespoon butter
2 garlic cloves, grated
Preheat grill. Bring steaks to room temperature.
Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to both sides of steak. Place on grill and cook until desired doneness.
For sauce, add crumbled blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce , milk, butter and garlic to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 - 3 minutes, or until cheese is mostly melted and sauce is very fragrant.
Serve sauce over grilled steaks.
And now time for the giveaway!
For a chance to win this amazing Backyard Classic Professional Gourmet Stainless Steel Mesh Basket with Lid, just leave a comment below telling me your favorite thing to grill.
Sam’s Club Provided me with a gift card for groceries for this post, but no other compensation. All opinions 100% mine.