This is a delicious quick bread. It is so fast and easy. I remember the first time I had zucchini in a dessert, it was in brownies. I was working a t a dental office, and one of the patients brought in a batch of wonderful homemade brownies. Her brownies were delicious and nutritious, and it started my love for all things dessert and zucchini. The zucchini makes the bread so moist and nutritious. I have started making moor and more of these quick breads for my family. They are great with eggs for breakfast, or as a quick afternoon snack. They are also great with ice cream as a delicious dessert in the evening.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely grated, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8x8x4 inch load pan, and set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl mix sugar and eggs, oil, and salt. Add zucchini and then add flour and mix with a whisk until just combined, batter should still be a little lumpy.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until the bread tastes the toothpick test. Cool completely before serving.