10 Tips to Keep Your Kitchen Spotless Everyday
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lysol®. The opinions and text are all mine.
The kitchen is the center of our home. It’s where everything lands the moment it comes through the door. It’s where homework gets done, projects get started and important conversations begin.
Because so much happens in our kitchen, it has to stay clean. There’s so many things that end up on my counters and kitchen table. Dirty things from the garage, mail that’s been in I don’t know whose hands and gross kid stuff constantly lands on kitchen surfaces that are supposed to stay clean.
So to keep my kitchen clean, I make sure to clean a little everyday. It’s hard with kids, but with doing a little everyday, it’s easy to stay on top of the mess and keep the clutter under control.
For everyday help, I like to use products without chemicals. Lysol® is my go-to brand and I just found the NEW Lysol® Daily Cleanser . It’s amazing and doesn’t have ammonia, fragrances or harsh chemical residues.
Here’s my 10 tips to Keep Your Kitchen Spotless Everyday:
- The kitchen table and highchair – I use Lysol Daily Cleanser to cleanse my kitchen table after every meal. This is at least 3 times a day, not counting snack times!
- Tidy the counters – My kitchen counters collect so. much. stuff. Everyone enters our home though our kitchen. Mail gets dropped on the counters, packages left on the table, homework is here, there and everywhere! So every night before I start dinner, I tidy up all the things on the counters that don’t belong and put them where they go.
- The counters – After I tidy the counters, I cleanse all the counters in my kitchen with Lysol Daily Cleanser. I also use Lysol Daily Cleanser to cleanse my counters after dinner and we’ve done the dishes. It’s the last step before I turn the lights off for the night in the kitchen.
- Fridge handles – Kids seem to get dirty little handprints on the fridge constantly! I make sure to use Lysol Daily Cleanser on the handles of the fridge every night too.
- The sink – The sink is the worse offender when it comes to germs in the kitchen. I’ve got a stainless steel sink, so I use an abrasive everyday sponge to keep it sparkling every night after I finish the dishes. Then I spray it down with Lysol Daily Cleanser and leave it for 10 minutes to make sure it’s disinfected, and there’s no rinsing required.
- Load (and unload) the dishwasher – the dishwasher gets loaded after every meal. I make sure to always rinse the dishes and put in the dishwasher. I cook so much it would be impossible to keep our kitchen clean without staying on top of the dishes constantly. And we unload the dishwasher before we go to bed every night. This saves times in the morning.
- Spot sweep – Crumbs get dropped all over my kitchen. I make sure to at least spot sweep every night. This keeps the floors looking great.
- Fresh towels – Kitchen towels can harbor so much gross bacteria. I find it’s best to change for fresh towels every night. After I cleanup after dinner, I put all the kitchen towels in the laundry and get fresh towels for the following day.
- Clean as you go – This is the most important tip! You have to clean as you cook. Don’t let things burn, but please clean as you go to save valuable time.
Lysol Daily Cleanser comes in the spray shown in the photos. And what I love about this product is that you can use it on food contact surfaces like cutting boards and counters.
Besides the kitchen, I also like to use this cleanser on baby and toddler toys and even our dog’s toys and his sleeping area. The spray product contains only 3 simple ingredients so it’s safe to use on surfaces around little kids and pets, but still kills 99.9% of germs just like the regular Lysol products we all love.
To use Lysol Daily Cleanser as a sanitizer, you just spray the surface and let stand for 5 minutes, then wipe with a paper towel or a clean dish towel. To use this product as a disinfectant, spray the surface until it’s completely wet and let and for 10 minutes before wiping. And because Lysol Daily Cleanser is free from harsh chemicals, you don’t have to rinse the surfaces afterwards!
You can find Lysol Daily Cleanser & the Wipes at your local Target in the home cleaning aisle.
There is a buy one, get one 20% off offer available 5/27-6/2.