10 Ways to Carve Out Much Needed Me Time During The Holidays
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeGutCheck #CollectiveBias
The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are always my favorite time of year. It’s such a joyous time of year when we get to celebrate with friends and family. The kids love the holidays so much too! The joy in their eyes on Christmas morning makes all the little chores we do as parents so worth it.
However, as much joy as the holidays brings, there’s also stress. For myself, I always seem to have a to-do list in December that’s never-ending. I have more work obligations than any month of the year. And then try and pair that with all the school church and family things to do, and I’m just not sure how I’m going to get to the end of this month and keep my sanity.
To make sure I keep my sanity in December, I make sure to carve out some much needed “Me Time”. I use to think I was being super selfish, but as I got older, I realized, if I don’t take the time to take care of myself, I’m no good to anyone else. So I make sure to take time in December (as well as the rest of the year) to relax, recharge and take care of myself.
- Delegate. Delegating chores is the worst for me. I am so Type A that it’s extremely hard for me to delegate any house or yard work to my spouse or kids, let alone the thought of outsourcing by hiring a maid or landscaper. But I know when things are super busy around the holidays, I have to just let go and be okay with my son loading a not so perfect dishwasher. Or my husband putting my yoga pants in the wrong stack in my closet. At least chores are getting done by happy and helpful loved ones and that makes my heart full.
- Wake Early. Every morning I wake up 20 – 30 minutes before the rest of the family. This is such a quiet and peaceful time for me. I can go make a cup of coffee and sit on the porch for a few minutes and enjoy the peaceful solitude before everyone is up and kids get all noisy. I can also take this time to read, catch up on my to-do list for the day or start work early.
- Stop Grocery Shopping. This is the worst time of year to go grocery shopping. It’s so busy, everyone is in a super big hurry. That’s why I stopped grocery shopping and have switched to grocery pickup. You can now order all your groceries on the Walmart Grocery app and have them ready for pickup anytime you want. Don’t have time to pick up? They deliver too! Now you have way more time during the week for more important things.
- Go Tech Free. Well, mostly tech-free. Think about this. How many times a day do you check your email, your texts, facebook or some other social network? For your own sanity, you should put down the phone and check it as little as possible. Designate a time of day that you’ll return emails and texts. Only check your phone for calls and only return the important ones right away.
- Meal Planning. Meal planning is something I was really resistant to in the past. But I’ve found if I make a list of all the meals and snacks for the week, then order all those groceries through the Walmart grocery app, I’ll have everything I need for the week. I don’t have to run out and pick up something for dinner every few days, nor do I have to think about what’s for dinner.
- Car Line = Me Time. I know this may sound crazy, but hear me out. We’ve got two choices when we’re waiting in carline. We can either despise it or take advantage of the alone time. Get there a little early, take a book, a coffee or your favorite music and enjoy the peacefulness of being by yourself.
- Exercise. This is a must. We’ve got to schedule time, with or without the family to exercise. Join a gym or take your favorite exercise classes if you have time. If not, exercise from home when the kids are at school or at least exercise with the kids by taking after-dinner walks or bike rides. If there’s just no time at all, instead of walking around the house doing chores, do some lunges around the house. It’s something and will help your overall health.
- Good Nutrition. Eating healthy by including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as nuts, seeds, and healthy fats. Don’t forget to drink lots of water too!
- Just Say No. Saying no is hard to do, but sometimes you’ve got to do it. The holidays are all about spending time together with the most important people in our lives, our family and dear friends. So, be sure at this time of the year to only involve yourself with things that you are actually really excited about going to or participating in. It will make the memories that much more special and memorable.
- Support Overall Health. And lastly, we can help support our overall health by incorporating more probiotics into our diet and supporting our healthy digestive systems. You can do this by eating more yogurt, certain cheeses and yummy things like sauerkraut, kimchi, and kefir. To give even more support to my digestive system, I like to include Nature Made®’s Advanced Dual Action Probiotic from Walmart.
Probiotics are the “good” bacteria that naturally exist in foods like yogurt and certain cheeses. These bacteria can offer benefits for your digestive system by crowding out unwanted organisms and allowing more of the “good” bacteria to be present in your gut.
Using a probiotic supplement is a good way to increase the intake of “good” bacteria and help naturally support digestive balance and a healthy gut flora.†
Nature Made® Advanced Dual Action Probiotics is comprised of 2 probiotic strains that work in different ways in 2 separate areas of the intestinal tract. This probiotic contains Bifidobacterium lactis for the large intestine which helps with occasional constipation† and occasional irregularity.† It also contains Lactobacillus plantarum for the small intestine which helps with occasional gas†, occasional bloating† and occasional abdominal discomfort.†
Nature Made® Probiotics offer more coverage, delivering more good bacteria to both the small and large intestine. They have science you can count on. Nature Made® Advanced Dual Action strains have been scientifically studied, so you can feel confident taking them. Nature Made® is also serious about quality. Their products are made with the highest quality standards to ensure purity and safety. And if you’re not completely satisfied with Nature’s Made products, you can send the product back for a full refund.
You can find the Nature Made® Advanced Dual Action Probiotics featured in this post at your local Walmart at a trusted everyday low price.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.