Here’s a great savory pumpkin recipe perfect for your Halloween party or get together. This week is Halloween week at the Family Kitchen, and there are many fun recipe ideas you can do with your kids on the holiday.
This recipe was developed for Babble.com.
8 oz dry garbanzo beans
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 – 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup tahini paste
the juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1. Rinse beans and check for any bad beans or stones and remove. Add water to beans and let soak 4 – 6 hours or overnight. Place beans and their water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Let simmer over medium low heat until tender, about an hour.
2. Add cooked beans and their water to a food processor. Add canned pumpkin puree, tahini paste, lemon juice and cumin. Pulse until combined. Then turn on food processor and stream in olive oil. Blend until hummus is creamy.
Note: My food processor held everything, but you might want to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
Did you make this recipe?Be sure to share on Instagram with the hashtag #EclecticRecipes and tag me, @EclecticRecipes!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
fresh pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove seeds from pumpkin. Rinse in a colander well, removing all stringy pumpkin parts attached to the seeds.
2. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with olive oil. Spread the seeds in a single layer on the sheet. Roast for 10 – 15 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
3. Be sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
4. Let cool and sprinkle with salt.