Garden Tuna Salad with Olives
I hope all the Mothers had a wonderful Mother’s Day. I had a wonderful day starting with Mimosas in bed and one of those recordable cards with my sweet little toddler saying, “I love you mommy.” My husband took me to a local restaurant here for brunch, Cravings. Then dinner at Colorado Steak House. Time in between was spent lounging poolside. I also got a surprise gift that was actually for the whole family earlier in the week for Mother’s Day too. I’ll let you in on that secret with a photo later in the week. Suspense!
I want to share with you today my version for tuna salad. Oh how I love tuna salad. I like to make mine with crunchy celery and onions. I also like to add lots of pickle relish and some salty olives to my salad. Usually I will add eggs, but his time I skipped them. I made it for the same way for years until I saw a cooking show that added olives and capers. I didn’t quite care for the capers, I thought they were a little too salty, but the green salad olives were the perfect addition to my tuna salad.
Don’t forget to swing by my giveaway page for the Carraba’s $100 Gift Giveaway!
Garden Tuna Salad with Olives Recipe
- 1 small sweet onion, or 1/2 a large, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 3/4 cup pickle relish
- 1/4 cup salad olives, chopped
- 4 small cans tuna, drained well
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.[/print_this]