Tilapia over Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Chickpeas
This is one of my first very healthy meals of the year. I was cooking like this a bit more in the past, but for some reason, I have slipped back into my old habits again. This dish is one of those cleaning out the freezer dishes. As I cleaned out the bottom basket of my freezer, I found a white box without a label. My son must have gotten a hold of the box a while back and ripped off the label. To my surprise, I found artichoke hearts in the box. Then a bag of spinach in the freezer door, and tilapia fillets all wrapped separately scattered around on the bottom of the basket. I added a few fresh ingredients, the tomatoes and carrots. Then I added some healthy chickpeas. I always make sure I have canned chickpeas or beans in my cupboard. The end result was a very delicious and nutritious meal.
- 1-2 fillets of Tilapia per person
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Steak or Grill Seasoning, I used one with mustard seed and sea salt
- 1 small package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted
- 1 lb frozen package spinach, defrosted
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add Tilapia to a baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice over fish. Sprinkle with grill seasoning.
- Add all vegetables to a separate baking dish. Mix together.
- Bake fish and vegetables at 450 degrees until fish is flaky, and vegetables are heated through.